Paying off a portion of a collection debt.
I'm going to be completely honest, I don't have a lot of money but I am trying to improve my credit and I have 2 small collection accounts, one for $275 and one for $285.

Now sure I would like to pay them off completely and clear my debt, but right now I am trying to up my credit also. According to the new Vantage 3.0 rating I have read, they do not post any collection accounts UNDER $200, or it will not negatively affect your credit score. So I was wondering if I were to pay $75 on one and $85 on the other, reducing the debt of each to $200 (until I can pay the rest off) will that remove them from being negative on my credit report? Do collections report new balances if I were to pay off just a portion of the debt?
Any other thoughts and suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in Advance - Adam