Question

tbuddz

On my way, When mortgage?
It has been since nov. 2012 I have received my discharge from bankruptcy. I have improved my credit score from 582 to 617 and it continues to grow. I have Capital One 300 dollar secured and Capital One 500 unsecured. No other loans or obligations. My lease is up on a house I am currently renting in august 2014. I don't want to wait until then to start working on a future home mortgage. The leasing company knows my situation and can relist the home I am in and release me if a suitable renter comes along. No penalties. I predict my credit will be over 640 by march. I am married and make avg 47k a year My questions are the following.
1. Should I close the secured card and only keep 1 for credit building?
2. Should I start working with a mortgage lender to line up my options?
3. Is there programs to help me get into a home that wont involve me paying out of pocket fees for the help?

Thank you.