Question

Taino300

Next Step In Credit Building?
Im a late bloomer in terms of credit building. My views were always Cash is King. So i basically had no credit history.

Now im in my mid 20's and have been aiming to building my credit for long term big purchases (home loans, new car loans, mortgages, and etc) . Most of purchases now are all made with cash (groceries, gas, used cars, and business)

i applied for a Secure Card early in the year which i received from BOA, pretty low CL $300. Have used it on light purchases, never came close to a max out. ive had it for roughly 6 months. Credit score on CK have been up and down and now are basically evened out just under 600. I think im ready for my next step but i get so many mixed reviews online that im not sure what that should be.

House is paid for no mortgage, cars are paid for no loans, all bills are paid for, i dont "need" anything but it would be nice to have my credit score nearing the 7-800's for my next plan.

what should i do? apply for a card with no limit?

The first thing that you should do is to start reading an hour or two everyday about building credit, there is a ton of information on here and across the internet, all you have to do is start reading. After a month or so you should have the knowledge needed for success. Once you are sure that you have six months of credit history then apply for another card, even if it has to be another secured card. Check with Capital One and check the preapproval on their website, but wait until you have six months of history. You are not going to get a card with "no limit" so I have no idea where that is coming from. Like I said, some reading will really help you, make sure you have done thorough research an you know what you are doing before you start taking action. You also need to understand that the credit scores that you get here are pretty much irrelevant to the real world as most lenders will use a version of FICO scores, so I highly suggest that you check them (if you have FICO scores yet, you may not). The best tools for building credit are three credit cards and one installment loan that all report to all three credit bureaus, that is of course in addition to a lot of reading.