Question

alicefive

Need sign off from collection agency to claim unclaimed property
This is kind of a weird one. I found out that I made an huge overpayment On my hiuse and it ended up in an old escrow account. Since I knew nothing about it, it finally got sent to the unclaimed property division of my home state. I can apply to get the money but the company that was on the escrow account with me has to sign off too. The problem is, that account is NCO. I had a couple of collection accounts that were never paid that were with NCO. They dropped off my credit report in November of 2015. If I try to get NCO to sign off so I can get the unclaimed property, will they try to collect again? The debt is older than 7 years which is the limit in my state. Is it possible they will try to keep the monies in the unclaimed property account? Is it even worth it to try to get the unclaimed property back? Or should I wIt a few more years?