Need help with a general re-payment plan. Have some questions as to where to start.
Hi all!

SO, I'm trying hard to clean my credit up, no specific reason. I know it takes time and planning to raise the score and I'm willing to make sacrifices. Here's what I've done so far:

Started making on time payments to my student loans.

Established a credit card 6 months ago, made on time payments, got a credit increase. Keeping the card within 10% of it's limit.

But I have a couple of dings.

First, from an awful roommate situation over a year ago, I had a ~$500 water bill reported to collections, which was about to go to a judgement. I paid Half of it at the beginning of this month, I'm planning on paying the rest of it on the 20th, is there any way I would be able to convince them to agree to a pay-for-delete? ( I think this may be unlikely)

Second, I have approximately $1000 in medical bills that have been reported to collections, I recieved the letters about 4 months ago. I've pulled credit reports from both equifax and transunion, and they remain unreported. I would like to pay 50%, and start a payment plan. Should I attempt to get something in writing that says they will not report it?