Question

Posted in Banking

MidnightCow

Moved, nearest BOA is 55 miles away. Should I open a 2nd checking/savings @ credit union?
I've moved and now the nearest BOA is 55 miles away. My small town has a local credit union and larger bank that has multiple branches throughout the county.

If I ever want cash, I have to pay fees at the ATM or buy $10 at the grocery store and get cash back.
I withdraw cash about 4 times a month.

Should I open a second account at the credit union OR local bank? Since this account will really only be to have access to cash fee-free, should it be a checking? or Savings?

Does Credit Union or Major Bank matter?

Thank you