Mistakenly under reported income on application. Should I contact the bank?
After doing much homework, shopping around, and upon recommendation of Credit Karma I applied for a Chase Sapphire Preferred Card. I travel internationally 10 months a year so it seemed like a good option and CK ranked my chances for approval "Very Good". My credit score is 789 and all the other metrics on my report are Excellent. But, I misunderstood the explanation on the application for reporting gross income. It said something to the effect "funds available for this card...blah blah...can be salary, investment. SS benefits...blah blah" etc. So I reported not my actual "salary" but funds available for debt which I estimated at $(x). Then on doing further research I saw that the baseline salary requirement for the card is actually 30K more. My salary actually exceeds this but I am not sure if I should contact Chase and request an adjustment to my salary disclosure. I suspect that will flag my application in some way. Should I just wait for their decision and then deal with it if rejected? Or contact them now? I just applied 10 mins ago. As a side note, since I don't want to kill my credit rating with hard pulls it was my intention to not apply for another card for a year if declined. I am quite happy with the card I have now so a new card is not so critical... but am getting killed with a 3 percent Intl Transaction Fee.