Question

mykaiser1

Is there any hope for timeshare collection?
Was pressured into buying a timeshare. Have paid them over $12,00 in 5 years and used it one time. Either can't use when something is available, can't use but 1/2 of points, high red season not enough points. Never paid late, cannot sell. I am letting charge off. Other credit is near perfect. How bad is this going to hurt my scores?

Timeshare taxes and fees

I too have a timeshare and own it outright.  I have not paid them any taxes or maintenance fees for about four years, but the balance they want is much higher than the total of these fees.  I asked them to take it back, Voluntary Deed Back, but they wanted $2000. I  Long story short, my husband died and I can no longer afford to use it or pay for the fees.  They harassed me for the last four years but nothing I said made any difference, so they had a collection agency put a negative report on my credit.  It went down almost 50 pts.  Still Excellent, but down just the same.  I don't think it's fair when they use it anyway, and they'll just resell it when they do get it back.  But I'll just have to wait it out for a few more years.  Statute of limitations runs out after 6 yrs in my state

Timeshare Foreclosure

I too am looking at the very same issue.  I don't want it to ruin my perfect credit, but just can't see continuing payment on something we can't use.  How much will it affect my credit score?   Looking for any advise.

I dont know, Im think8ng about the same thing, I well be much better position in the future without the extra money coming out my income..shhh I can barely keep up with the maintenance and taxes