Is it better to locate and pay a small debt or ignore it until it's gone
So, I've finally gotten connected in the world of having a credit score, I'm young and so i got a small limit CC in order to start rolling, i pay everything on time if i even use it. Anyway, as Im looking over all my information i come across a debt for $187 that's gone into collections.I have no idea what this is. It may be a mistake, as in a forgotten payment to something since it's under $200, its very likely that it would have been paid, not saying that if it was more that it wouldn't be, just saying that its something that i would've paid as it came to me. As I'm telling my father about this, and asking him whether i should try to find out what it is and pay it, He said not to, and to just forget about it, because it will go away. Is this something i should really do? Granted, i'm not going to need good credit for anything in the next 5 years or so... Just want to be a good contender.. So that's my question! Do i pay, or do i ignore?