Credit Advice

Have a question? Have advice to share? The combined knowledge and experience of everyone in the Credit Karma community can help you. Enter your question or help others below to get started!


Posted in Credit Scores
Profile Image

Question By

0 Contributions
0 People Helped
Incorrect taxes filed, IRS garnished and filed public record. Error corrected but record remains.
I made a mistake in my tax filings while I worked outside the US. I did not owe any taxes but my filing said I did. In 2007 the IRS garnished my wages and filed a Public Record. After correcting and re-file my taxes, the IRS agreed that there were never taxes owed. However, the un-justified Public Record filing was never removed and is affecting my credit scores. Is there a way to correct the erroneous Public Record?

Your Credit Scores Should Be Free. And Now They Are.

View your scores and reports anytime.


Reply to this Question

Write your response:
Enter Your Comments

The Credit Advice pages of the Site may contain messages submitted by users over whom Credit Karma has no control. Credit Karma cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any such messages. Some users may post messages that are misleading, untrue or offensive. You must bear all risk associated with your use of the Credit Advice pages and should not rely on messages in making (or refraining from making) any specific financial or other decisions.