Question

Diazalb

Incorrect taxes filed, IRS garnished and filed public record. Error corrected but record remains.
I made a mistake in my tax filings while I worked outside the US. I did not owe any taxes but my filing said I did. In 2007 the IRS garnished my wages and filed a Public Record. After correcting and re-file my taxes, the IRS agreed that there were never taxes owed. However, the un-justified Public Record filing was never removed and is affecting my credit scores. Is there a way to correct the erroneous Public Record?