I'm rebuilding credit and don't know where to start.
I have a credit card from capital one that went over the limit and I missed payments on multiple times and so its closed and I have to pay it off. This will be paid off in 7 months. After that I don't have a credit card, only student loans (3 of which went into collections which I'm taking care of as well). I have been faithfully paying on all of these accounts for over a year with little to no difference in credit score.

So, my question is what now? I've heard of secured credit cards but am unaware of what they are or how ungodly pricey they are (or the interest rates attached to them). I understand I will have high interest rates to begin with but there has to be a card that is the lesser of all the evils out there. I need to build my credit back up for a car and eventually a house. How long do I have to wait before I'm allowed to get lines of credit again?

P.S. : Does "we're not going to give you credit because you have no credit history" make sense or help a person figure out how to get credit when no one allows them to start?