Question

jerrasic

If the original creditor recalls a collection account does the CA have to remove it from my reports?
Ok, I have 3 medical bills from 2011 surgery that are with outside collection agencies. When I spoke to one of them about a pay for delete scenario, they told me they can't because they don't actually own the account. The hospital does and they are just contracted to collect. Assuming this is true, and I negotiate with the hospital to get the debt recalled to them in exchange for payment, is the collection agency required to delete the item from my credit reports?