If I pay a debt before a collection agency reports to the beauros, will it hit my credit?
Original Hospital sent debt to one collection agency, which hit my credit as not paid. That agency sent it back to the hospital, who sent it to a new, 2nd collection agency. I should be able to get the first agency to stop reporting because they no longer hold the collection right? Also, If i pay the 2nd agency before they report, will it hit my credit? I called them and asked for written documentation saying they would not report if I paid in full before the reporting period but she said all she can do is send me a receipt and that it would not be reported.