Question

gabo864

if I have several inquiries on my Credit history, Should I wait before I apply for a mortgage?
My Credit Score

TransUnion 737
Equifax 723
FISCO (According to my Discover account) 722

My wife score

TransUnion 784
Equifax 765
I don't know her FISCO, but she's always had a higher credit score than me. A year ago when we got a loan for a car hers was 810

We both have stable jobs and our household income is about 75,000 a year. we have about $7000 in savings and a loan for $8000 for her car (we pay about $200/mo). Honestly we could be doing better in savings so we are currently working on it (saving about $1000 a month now).

I usually apply for most of our services so I have several hard pulls from Verizon and ATT, also one from American Express and recently open a new checking account which was also a hard pull (I didn't know they did this for checking and savings accounts)

Sadly over the last couple years I've had a total of 11 inquiries =/ my wife has only 1.

We are thinking about getting a home, but I'm not sure if we should wait for some of those inquiries to drop or if we should start looking into it. Any advice for us?

Most Helpful Response

I have had as many as 14 Hard Inquires at one time on my Credit Reports.  as Long as they are spread out you are ok. 

Currently I have 4 on one and 5 on the other here on CK.