Question

valveguru

I was an Authorized user on my ex-wifes credit Card
I was an Authorized user on my ex-wife's credit card. I was ordered by the court that my name be taken off but it is still on my credit report. Will this affect my credit history either good or bad?

Most Helpful Response

If it is a good account, then it helps your credit.  If it is a bad account, it hurts.  Just call the card issuer and tell them to remove you as an authorized user, or send them a letter stating same.  You can also send letters to all three bureaus requesting that the account be removed from your report because it is not yours (if you want to have it removed).