I want a new account but don't want a lot of useless creditlines open
I just got a promotion and my job is relocating me to another state. Which means moving cost, new furniture, etc. I am also in the mist of improving my credit score. I started by applying for store cards and I was approved. Then I was finally approved for an unsecured credit card with a decent limit. So here is the issue, I found that most of my cards are through Synchrony Financial (Amazon, Walmart, Value city). Now I want apply for the Car care trade line which come to find out is also through Synchrony and ditch the value city card(which hasn't been opened long plus I have a major credit card now if I want to make more furniture purchases). Does having a lot of accounts through a specific lender make it easier to get approved? How badly will canceling the value city card after 6 months affect my credit score?