Question

kirbyboy4

I requested validation from a creditor. They did not respond in 30 days.They're tarnishing my credit
Last year I requested validation from a creditor who's attorney sent me a letter. They did not validate. According to everything I've read, they are no longer allowed to claim that I owe them this debt and are not allowed to be on my credit report (according to FCRA I believe). Well now a year later they hired a new attorney to send the same letter. I am so mad I want to sue them for this. They claim that the original debt was $19,000. but now I owe them $50,000. They claim that they were an "assignee" of Citibank, which is not true because citibank said that they have no account on me any longer. This was so old that I believe it was an account that I paid off many years ago. I don't know what to do! This company has already gone against the FCRA rules and they continue to put a $50,0000. debt on my credit report. HELP