I paid my mortgage off in 9 years but three years ago durning my husbands sickness I got behind
I was trying to do a home modification and had to be two months behind before the bank would look at our loan as a qualifying loan.
I quite making my payments but put the money in an account to use for my loan latter.
We didn't qualify because I had the cash in my account so I had to try again. All together 3 times then gave up because my husband had stage 4 colon cancer and I had to focus on him.
I missed four payments all together. I paid off my second and caught my house back up and never missed another payment. I just paid my house off with my husbands life insurance but now have bad credit for that only. Today I looked and saw that they incorrectly continued to report me late. How can I make that up?
Everything else on my credit is good. I don't over charge on my credit cards and pay them off every month. I use them for all of my purchases because I have the advantage of cashback. How can I bring my score up ?