I have significant fraud on my credit reports and have tried to fix it with no luck. Help!
My husband and I had our identification stolen through Countrywide and were notified by the Federal Trade Commission. Unfortunately, that was six years ago and we still have significant fraud on our credit reports. We've gone to the Social Security Administration, had monitoring done and even have had to change banks six times. We've finally had some relief by banking with Bank of America. However, that is only after the fact. Credit monitoring services are also after the fact. Any suggestions? We're at a loss. We get notifications weekly of accounts opening in our name from timeshares to rental homes to accounts we don't even know what they are for. Both my husband and I have been laid off from our jobs and can't even get interviews because companies run credit checks and if you don't have nearly perfect credit, you can't even get an interview. We're pretty discouraged at this point, desperate even. We just need some help.