Question

oxfordtimes

I don't understand why my credit report is "fair"
I have a credit score in the mid 600s but last year, my credit score was 730. Here are the results of my report card:

"A" Credit Card Utilization
"A" Payment History
"A" Derogatory Marks
"B" Credit Inquiries
"C" Age of Credit History
"F" Total Accounts

It appears that what's dragging my report down is that I only have four lines of credit, and that my credit history is relatively new. I know I can't do anything about the age expect wait, but what about total accounts? Should I take out more lines of credit? I feel like my score was higher BEFORE I had a credit card and a small student loan. Taking out another line seems counterproductive. This makes no sense to me. Help! I'm going to be applying to rent a home with my boyfriend, and I'm afraid my credit score is too low to get a place to rent :(