Question

CharleneK

How do I get hard credit inquires off my account?

Most Helpful Response

There is no sure method to get hard credit inquiries "off your account" other than waiting out the two year term hard inquiries remain on a credit report. A hard inquiry is a credit report check by a lender as part of a loan or credit application that negatively impacts your credit score. Some online sources report that you can "bump" hard inquiries off your report by doing many soft credit inquiries, which are credit checks that do not affect your credit score, to replace previous hard inquiries on the list of inquiries on your credit report. However, this strategy may not work because the credit bureau issuing your credit report may list the hard and soft inquiries separately. Also, beware of online companies offering to remove your hard inquiries for a price; if it sounds like a scam, it probably is one.

You are better off just waiting for the hard inquiry to fall off after two years on your credit report. Credit inquiries are one of the key components that go into calculating your credit score, and hard inquiries will drop your credit score by a few points for 6-12 months, but the older the inquiry gets, the less damage it will take on your score. Just take care to avoid future excessive hard inquiries within a short period of time, like multiple loan applications or many new credit cards, because the damage will add up. Check out Credit Karma's Credit Simulator to see how credit inquiries will affect your score.

hard inquiry made by mistake

A car dealership claimed they had to do it to confirm my identity, even though I had made a cash purchase. I do not beleive them.  So I really have to sit and wait two years for that thing to go away?  Is it worth asking the dealership to reverse it? Or to ask the 3 agencies to remove it?

Admin is incorrect. I dealt with id theft, CC agencies kept running my credit I told the bureaus they had a police report and to block all fraudulent and unauthorized inquiries as a result. I had 13 inquiries deleted from experian 9 from transunion etc.

car dealer

debt ratio

evalinski0613

That is not a complete sentence.

i want to find out or do they do the hard and soft inquires seperately