Posted in Saving Money

How to maximize compounding interest in a Roth IRA account.
I just recently opened a Roth IRA with Fidelity a couple months back, I have been getting into a habit of depositing at least 10% of my bi-weekly income into the account, but I want to have compounding interest grow my funds.

I'm not quite understanding how this works, do people generally put part of their investment portfolio into the IRA, such as mutual funds, stocks and bonds ect? Is that where the interest rate comes from, or will the money I deposit directly into the account gain interest automatically? Thanks for your help!