How to get my credit score to increase?
I just recently added my new credit cards to my credit karma account how long before I see a difference in my score. I have three and according to the score simulator which I know is a guesstimation my score should improve significantly but when after I make my first payment or when.

It does take some time

A credit score is about proving you can handle debt responsibly, so using the cards responsibly and keeping your balance low (between 1% and 20%) will help your score, but it does take time to prove that you can manage your cards because a new card has no information that can be used to calculate that data.

Your age of credit lines (how long you've had accounts open) is also a factor, which means that having new cards is not as good as managing old ones well. The ideal term seems to be over 8 years. Over time that should fix itself, though. Also, if you applied for the cards directly, rather than responding to a pre-approved offer, etc. then you will also have a hard inquiry on your credit report for each application. Hard inquiries hurt your credit score.

To really increase your score, you will need to actually use the card. So as I mentioned, somewhere between 1% and 20% of your total balance should be considered your card's "budget" -- use your credit card like a debit card to rack up rewards points and pay it off each month before the interest comes out with money from your checking account that you would have spent on those purchases anyway. Your credit score will skyrocket and you'll have tons of cash-back-rewards or frequent-flyer-miles, etc. depending on the rewards your credit card offers. The key is to remember that a credit card is a loan, not free money. Every cent has to be paid back and keeping a balance for longer periods of time will cost you money in interest.

Most Helpful Response

As you make timely payments and the accounts gain some age, your score will increase. Be sure to keep your utiliation on those cards to 20% or less and that will also have a positive impact.