How to ensure the original creditor I paid sends PIF letter to assigned collection agency?
I got a collection letter from agency but they didn't own the debt, it was assigned to them. I contacted Time Warner Cable (the original creditor) and although unable to negotiate a settlement I paid the outstanding balance in full with them. They couldn't send me any receipt or anything, would only give me confirmation# and *promised* they would alert the collection agency to the updated status. It's been a week since I paid and the collection agency still shows total outstanding balance and has received no contact from TWC. This is not currently on my credit report and obviously I don't want it to end up there so how can I ensure that TWC lets the collection agency know the debt is paid so they stop all activity and can also show as PIF?