Question

sicem

how to approach a used car loan, unknowing if buying from dealer or private party
I'm looking into buying a used car and of course I still need to go and inspect potential cars and what not. I am considering buying from both a dealer and a private party, just a matter of finding the correct car. For reference I am in the market for a 2008-2009 Chevrolet Corvette and finding the one with the right mileage and wear is what will determine if I will buy the car or not. As a result I am still debating whether or not I will purchase from the private party or a dealer. Thus, I won't know how to apply for the loan being that creditors request to know if the used car will be bought from a dealer or private party and have different interest rates for each. Furthermore, I am 19 and have good credit, 730, but only 10 months of credit history. My mother has great credit and is willing to cosign for me and my parents make enough to cover me if need be. I don't exactly have a stream of income- I invest in stocks currently buy I am a full time student. I can more or less afford the corvette straight up but I want to get a loan in order to keep liquid cash in my account for my investments and potential other purchases. Would me not exactly having an income really ruin my chances of getting a loan, even if my mother who is cosigning can well over cover the car if needed? thanks in advance.