Question

nichelleb86

How long does it take for the credit bureaus to catch up with accurate information?
I paid off one of my debts. it was removed from Equifax but not TransUnion How long would it take to be noted by Transunion and the debt no longer listed? Is this a normal occurrence? Would I contact the bureau, or the company if this issue isn't resolved after several months?

The credit bureaus are different companies and do things differently and work at different paces. Give things a month or so to update, if it has been longer than that then you may want to contact either the creditor or the credit bureau. I would contact the lender first.

Bureau Updates

bad credit shows up in under 30 days good credit reporting can take up to 90 days. I paid off my car and had my pink slip it was 60 days before all three bureaus showed it paid off.