Question

melissa19700

how long do hard inquiries stay on your report

NOT TRUE

Was recently approved for cell phone service and up-grade, told them I would return in two weeks to pick up my new phone and to leave rthe account open, (first hard inquiry)  a week later decided to change purchase when I was told that another credit check needed to be completed (hard inquiry) even though new purchase was lower then the first. I informed the sales person that I was already approved and regardless, they continued to run a credit check. Returned the follwing week and spoke to the first sales person who re-opened my account and was informed the a deposit was required after being told the very first time, no deposit was needed which was $300....I ask why so much when I was first informed no deposit was needed...they stated because I had two prior hard inquiries, a deposit was needed. I informed the sales rep, that the only person(s) submitting an hard inquiry, was them....which triggered a third hard inquiry once he tried to re-active my the purchase made two weeks prior...he seeing that his co-worker had triggered the second inquiry, he also notice that his phone conversation with the credit bureau had triggered another hard inquiry just because he was trying to fixed  and correct the second hard inquiry which has now given me 4 hard inquiry, just because I wanted to up-grad my phone service with the provider that I have been with for the last 3 years...So my question is, who do you call to fixed this without adding an additional hard inquiry....

hhawho

Here is what MyFico says. You can also check it out on http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/creditchecks.aspx

Will my FICO Score drop if I apply for new credit?

If it does, it probably won't drop much. If you apply for several credit cards within a short period of time, multiple inquiries will appear on your report. Looking for new credit can equate with higher risk, but most Credit Scores are not affected by multiple inquiries from auto, mortgage or student loan lenders within a short period of time. Typically, these are treated as a single inquiry and will have little impact on the credit score.

sund0wn

This sounds very strange. All mobile carriers I know of only pull soft inquiries (I'm a VZW store manager). Also, credit departments shouldn't be disclosing the disposition of someone's credit (ie. the prior hard inquiries). 

mms1215

Hi Not Sure,

If I was in your shoes I would dispute this with BBB and see what the outcone will bring you, its worth a shot!! Sounds like a dispute to me...

Thanks :)

im2fly

BRD2 YOU SHOULD HAVE WRITTEN A FORMAL LETTER THE TO COMPANY AND THE BUREAUS REQUESTING AN INVESTIGATION- THEY CAN BE REMOVED YOU JUST HAVE TO DO SOME LEG WORK NOW.

Fico 8 scores

@Trying2B850

The score you get directly from FICO is a FICO 8 score.  This is the score used for mortgage lenders.  The FICO scores from the credit reporting agencies may be based on older algorithms.  If you enroll in myFICO, you will get a FICO 8 score, which is the most recent algorithm. 

auto credit inquiry

my husband bought a truck from a dealer and they hit his credit 7 times before they found a bank to approve his loan. all in the same time frame, about 3 days and yes all of the inquiries appeared on his credit report. not a 1 inquiry,but 7!!

Hard credit pull reporting

Hard credit pulls stay on your report for 2 years, but they have no effect after 6 months in most cases.  Hard pulls are WAAAY over-rated by many people of these forums.

Now, if you intend to apply for a mortgage, that is an entirely different matter.  Underwriters will look very hard at recent hard credit pulls and newly opened accounts.

public record

how long does something stay on yoru public record

well sale some of your ff miles, to me!!!!!

Re-establishing credit

I went through debt management a couple of years back and actually settled major credit card debt and fully paid off smaller revolving charges (leaving the cards open). I also had my car refinanced at a lower rate approximately a year or so later.  So here it is a couple of years later and I'm trying to re-establish my credit by applying for a major credit card.  My first try, I was denied (inevitably my score will take a hit) stating reasons were due to past credit history and I was told I needed to restablish my credit.  How do you do that without hurting your credit score???? Each application denied or approved will decrease the score.

HARD INQUIRIES

Is it possible for the company you are applying for credit to know upfront if it is a soft credit or hard credit inquiry

Hard Credit

I keep seeing people say that these hard credit inquiries only lower your score a few points each. Well, that is not necessarily the case. I went to a car dealership about a month ago and now have 10 hard credit inquiries. My credit score went from 651 to 598.

Hard inquiries, what after the 1st year?

Hi there, my credit score was 650 last July 2016. I went to a dealership, got my car loan, after checking my credit, it had went down to 580. I had literally 10 hard inquiries on my report. Such a shame. Now almost a year in CK is saying I have 617. I know I read that when dealerships find a bank for my loan I was never aware it would be numerous. Also, i read that when they hit my credit scores for numerous times it will only calculate as 1, then how is that possible if my score is -70. 

Lastly, I know I'm asking and saying a lot. After the 12 months are up, how do I know those hard inquiries on my credit are not affecting me. I know they will still show. But what's the point saying it won't affect me at 12 months. If it's still there. Please help. Much appreciated. 

Oh before I forget. I know checking our scores lowers ours. But even if we check with CK?