Question

valmandoz

How Long a hard inquire will continue to affect your credit?
A year ago I move to a new city and inquire for a new car and new phone. Dealer made 5 inquiries on its own without my permission, and resulted in 6 Hard Inquires that brought my rating to POOR, only 6 did that. Well now is June 2016 and those 6 inquires remain there and still hurting my credit. How is that possible to an intelligent and logical mind????????

Most Helpful Response

A hard inquiry will remain on your report for two years but is only factored into your score for one year.

Sickend By This Mess

I had the same thing happen to me, went to a dealership, didn't have a price on the car, told them over and over not to run my credit.  They did, 4 times even though I told them who I wanted to go through.  Now my credit is poor and I am told I have to get a letter of permission and deletion to get those inquires off of my report.

This is terrible, they were wrong but I am paying for not buying a car from them and have to ask their permission to get it corrected.  It's my credit report/score.  

How fair is this!

me

your lucky  had a dealer moke 16 inquires on mine,without my knowledge...dealers explanation....oh the credit people will know..and only put down one.credit inquirey...not so  still there

FACTS about multiple inquiries.

When a dealer and their banks pull your credit, it is scored by the bureaus as one inquiry. Each individual bank will show on your bureau so that you know who looked at your information. So if your score dropped or is low, it is due to other factors.

See the statement by Equifax - "When shopping for a car, it is common for auto dealers to submit your information to multiple lenders in an effort to find the lowest interest rate and most favorable loan terms. This practice allows you to benefit from lenders competing for your business. The same practice is used for mortgage lending.

Experian lists each inquiry that is made into your file for two years, so that you have a complete record of who has reviewed your credit history. However, you don’t need to worry about inquiries for auto and mortgage loans affecting your credit scores.

Lenders recognize that shopping for only one car or mortgage does not mean you are trying to open multiple new accounts. Credit scoring systems have been designed to account for that practice and include rules such as counting the same type of inquiry as only one inquiry as long as they are made within a short period of time.

This enables you to shop for the best rates for a car or home loan without your credit scores being impacted as a result of multiple inquiries."

Auto Loan

It stays on there for 2 years.

Are car dealerships able to do credit checks with a driver license?