How I accidentally removed a medical collection!!!
This is more of a testimonial than a question. I figured I should share since others may be dealing with a similar issue!!
I have multiple medical collections. I had a car wreck and even though they were paid through the settlement every year Vanguard Financial LLC likes to try and "double dip" as I call it and report an open collection account. I dispute these with ease to the CB's by stating it was paid after a litigation settlement, usually takes 30 days but it still comes off. So imagine my surprise as I had two other medical collections contacting me. I noticed the dates for them were during my pregnancy, at that time I had BCBS through work and I also qualified for pregnancy medicaid to pay the copays that my BCBS did not. I was baffled, I should have no bills for this period. So I logged onto the site that was in the collection notice and simply went through the contact link. I had spoke to the insurance and if they could provide me with an original bill they would take care of the debt. I also added that I was unsure as to why it had not been billed to my insurance to begin with. So within 3-4 days I had received a reply stating that they could not provide the original statement and they would have to remove the collections (it gone off my reports). So I started researching medical collections. We all sign HIPPA documentation when we visit the Doctor or ER etc. Well that sort of ended up being the loophole here, had they provided me with the written documentation of my medical bills they would have been in direct violation of HIPPA regulations and this can result in large penalty fines and some cases jail time. So I got lucky on this one, I do think it will most likely try to hit again, they did not mention sending back to the original creditor but they did not say they would not be either. I do have two more that I intend to send DV letters too as they have never contacted me with a dunning letter and the reporting date is 2012 and I did not even live in that area during the times reported.

I do not know if it matters but the first debt I got removed was about 2 years old.