Question

Posted in Auto Insurance

cookiecrum

How do I get my insurance score? Got my insurance quoted said my score was 400 my credit runs 700

Most Helpful Response

Insurance score

I have never seen a credit score fore my auto insurance how do you get it

Equifax

Equifax does not keep reports right they want let you give a right dispute they turn me down ever time they want let me correct nothing on my report it is way wrong transunion is only one reports anything right at all equifax and experin is two reporting agent don't correct thing right and it not right

Does no one here understand that Transunion, EQ, EF do NOT give scores?  Each lender, or insurance company uses one of 50 different scoring systems. Or they make up their own.  When they give you a score they say "Based off (insert agency) reporting"

The reson the same company can get different scores from the different agencies is due to what lines of credit you have and WHO they send reports to.  A lender can send to one, two, or all three of the agencies they are paying membership for. Since it costs them money they may only report to one.

You get no score form Tansunion (or any other Credit Reporting Agency), lenders get no score from transunion, CK gets no score from transunion.  Transunion, is only a database of your credit history.  CK then takes that data and plugs it into Vantage to come up with a score.  Your car loan took that same data from Transunion and put it into a different one, maybe a FICO2 (or even one they made up themselves), and then Crdit Card took the same data from Transunion and maybe they put it into FICO8.

Tansunion may give you a score if you ask them when you pull a yearly report, but they might use FICO23 who knows. Lenders themselves do not get a score from Transunion though, just the data.

Each model will rate different factors higher.  A homelender wants to see very low credit card usage, and needs to see diversity. A credit card lender may actually like to see higher usage, but if you have any late payment it will kill you. These are only examples of how the score can vary.  I am about 20-30 points lower (than shown here in CK) for a car loan, and yet for a home loan I was 40-60 higher than what CK shows.  so this is about a 90 point difference between the two within a few months, with no major change in the score here at CK just a couple points drop due to the hard inquiry

equifax sucks

i totally agree, i have a 700 transunion score and a 500 with equifax.. its crazy!  Equifax is very hard to get anything taken care of.  good Luck