Question

Stucknfair

How can I raise credit score after as cosigner on defaluted student loan that went into collections?
In 2007 I cosigned for a student loan that was not paid for 12 months. I was unaware of this as the notices went to the student address. I found out when I tried to apply for a credit card and was denied. I found out who held the loan and paid it off quickly. On my account it says only 20% paid but it was 100% paid. It has haunted my score since. I went from excellent to fair where I have remained since, even though I have paid off a house loan, car loan, and pay off all credit card balances monthly.