Question

margoforu9

How can i get a better score and how can i get my credit history mail to mev
I will like to know why the credit company still bothing me over 10 years they are still saying I owe credit cards I thought they just stay on your record for 7 years I did not know that it still follow you.. If you already in collection you want to pay on a settlement will that be a good idea becausr you can't pay the full amount would your credit still be poor or it will get better. I cannot get any credit because of my credit score being very poor a what's the best credit to apply for.

AnnualCreditReport dot com

Get free copies of your credit report once a year at the above website.

I suggest that you get 1 copy from one CRA every 4 months so you can monitor your report all year long.  You can print your report from the website or you can reuest that it be mailed.

If the credit card debts are older than 7 years old, they should not be on your credit report. If they are on your report contact the credit bureaus to have them removed. If they are not on your report then paying the collection companies are going to do nothing to affect your credit unless you enter into a payment arrangement and miss a payment, then this will negatively affect your credit. Just because the derogatory reporting times are limited to 7 years, it does not mean that you no longer owe the debt. Depending on what state you are in, chances are the statute of limitations also prevents the collection company from suing you. Check your states "statute of limitations on debt collectors suing" for your state.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If they are "bothering" you, they may be violating the law. Google "what debt collectors are not allowed to do" and "FDCPA" if you believe that they are violating your rights try to find a consumer attorney that will work for free for you and collect their fees from the debt collector via the court system.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On debts this old it is also very unlikely that they will be able to verify ownership on them. Be extremely cautions in dealing with debt collectors, they are not your friends and most will do anything in order to get payment from you even if it means they violate the law by lying to you.

My advice is not to do anything until you are thoroughly informed on "dealing with debt collectors". Many consumer law attorneys will provide a free consultation, if you feel you need some legal guidance in this matter. Good Luck!!