Help analyzing my slowly rising credit score!!
I'm curious why my credit score is has only gone up to 681. I am 50 and have had mortgages, etc and a score over 700. I had a chapter 7 BK 3.8 years ago. I have 4 credit cards with an average age of 2.9 years, perfect payment history. I had a State Tax Lien (actually the State posted it on my report with two different amounts, so there's 2). Both have been released recently by the State. I had 98% usage on all my cards until a month ago when I paid them all off. I thought paying off my 4 cards would have bumped my score about 20-40 points. It only went up about 11 points to 681. For a year my friend put me on his CC as an authorized user. He ended up charging up the card to $9,900 or about 98% usage. He removed me from that card in April 2012. On credit karma it still shows a balance of $8,877 even though that was 1.5 years ago. Questions:

1. Is the BK still dragging my score down?

2. I heard the Liens, once released will not raise a score, but is that still dragging my score down? Would it help my score to have the "duplicate" removed?

3. I'm not sure all 4 cards have updated on the bureaus, but should I see more than an 11 point rise paying them all down?

4. Is this old authorized user account hurting my score even though I am no long an AU?

Thank you in advance!!

You've got a lot of heavy hitters in your very recent history, they're definitely keeping your score down.

Also, while it's great that you're changing your behavior, it's only been 3 years from your BK. The bankruptcy will be on your report for 10 years. No way around that.

The liens will also remain on the report, even if they're charged off.

Similarly the card you were an authorized user on will remain on your report for 7 years, though the amount on it and the payment history moving forward shouldn't affect your score.  You need to contact the credit card company directly and confirm that you were in fact removed from the account. Don't trust your friend to do this or assume he's telling the truth.

Your credit cards are still new and you had your utilization up to 98%. It will take a few months of keeping your balances below 20% and paying on time every month before you start to see the cards affect your score positively.

While it doesn't take much to do serious damage to your report, rebuilding you credit takes time and a lot of effort. You're doing really well on the effort part of that equation, but you need to give it more time.

Keep up the good work.