Question

aeoboy19

Having no credit but 4 hard inquiries! Help! what should I do?
Hey guys, I am very worried about my future with credit because i recently just open my credit karma account and i saw that i have 4 hard inquires and i have zero credit score. I was stupid enough to apply for an American Eagle charge card twice when I was 18 and before i got hired there and after the first week of working there I come to realize its not worth apply one from there because it sucks. but anyways, should i be worried at all? I want to have good credit later on and I'm just scared that i won't get approved later on from those hard inquires. any tips and solution?

Most Helpful Response

Nothing to worry about on of the best ways to establish credit and maintain a good score while building your credit is to try a pre paid credit card from your local credit union or bank allowing them to draft the payments outl on a specific due day to insure on time payments.  ehile they are doing this they are also reporting each month of your on time payments but do not use more than 30% of credit limit..

Hard inquires stay on your report for 2 years, but stop affecting your score either at 6 months or a year (i've heard different things about this so perhaps someone more experienced can verify which of the two it is.) Store cards are rarely worth it, they have high fees, low credit lines and can only be used in one spot. If you have steady income you could try applying for one of the secured cards that has no credit check. You'd have to have the $200-300 on hand to put down as the deposit (which you would then not be able to touch again.) The no credit check cards that I know of are:

SDFCU's Secured Card

Primor Classic

Primor Gold

Open Sky Secured Card

None of them check your credit. SDFCU's has no annual fee and good rates, but you must join their credit union (anyone can join, however.) The other three have annual fees ranging from $30 to $50. SDFCU has the best APR, followed by Primor Gold. For Primor, the only requirement is that you make $100 more than you spend a month. You'll need to be able to verify your income for Primor or Open Sky's cards, I think SDFCU doesn't do income verification. Finally, you'll have to be prepared to say goodbye to the deposit money until you've built up your credit enough to qualify for an unsecured card (at which point you would cancel the secured card and wait around 10 weeks to get your money back.)