Question

fr4nks1n4tr4

Have multiple auto loan inquiry hits on my Equifax credit report
I bought a car in March of 2014 and on my credit report from Equifax it shows 8 separate inquiries now I've heard that auto loan inquiries should only count as one hit on your report if they are done with in a 30 day window. All of my inquiries were done with in 2 days. Now I'm just curious to know even though it shows the inquiries separately do they still technically count as one hit or are they being counted as 8 separate hits? Equifax seems to be the only agency showing all 8 inquiries and that just so happens to be my lowest credit score from the 3 major agencies. Now if it is an error on their part would sending a dispute letter help in trying to fix that situation? Well, thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer.