Question

45broaks

Has anybody recieved credit increases from orchard bank
It is my understanding they don't like to give increases

Page 1 of 3   Previous | Next

Nope No CLI's

I was informed by the Executive Office today that until the systems between Capone and HSBC are merged they are not doing credit limit increases.  If you have a subprime card with Capone you know how difficult getting a credit limit increase can be!  At Capone they like to say things like; 'Your credit limit is up to date.'  Yet, if you then later contact their Executive Office and they raise your limit to say $2000, then you know what they told you about it being up to date is not factual!  If it was up to date, then the exec off. also wouldn't raise the limit!  Good luck with whatever happens in the future with your Orchard Card!

cissy67

Thanks for your information.

Never a increase

Ive had an OB card since 08. I have had a limit of 300 since. I have a credit score of 784, and they have never increased my limit. The first couple years, I used it regularly. Since then, I rarely use it as purchases usually exceed 30% utilization. 

The only thing I am worried about is my interest rate jumping up. I also have a CO card and it is at 19.9. My OB is 12.9.

That's good to know I don't expect much from this card, I only use it for my knick knacks like coffee, fast food, lunch, etc. I make 2 payments per month. I don't even care about utilization anymore because it doesn't even matter on a low credit limit like $300, I just make sure I make a payment before teh statement close date so it reflects a low balance other than that it's whatever. It doesn't make sense exhausting yourself trying to get a good record because they no longer reward you for it. So I probably just use the card charge it, pay it off  or make a additional payments but using it towards my needs than using it to impress the credit.

$300 limit, it's a good amount for gas, lunch, etc. so during the month I just charge it instead of using my cash, if I get up there to my limit I just make a payment. regardless of the due date

No. I am still at a $300 limit. I've stopped using the card completely.

I had no problem when I asked for a CLI...they raised my limit to $420 from $320...from my understanding if you keep your credit on the up and up they will raise it every 6 months or so when you call in, though I'm not sure how the Capital One merger will affect your request for CLI

I requested one over the phone about a month ago and was also told they are not doing them right now. I think it's because of the bank ownership change.  I've had my card for approx. 14 months with a $500 limit the entire time. 

I used to work for them in the call center, and I can tell you how to get an increase without calling them.  They will charge you for an increase if you request it, but if they increase it there is no charge.  In order to get an increase charge 2/3 of your limit, and do not pay it off each month.  Then pay the minimum, or a little bit more each month....but keep a balance on it of approx 2/3 the limit.  You should get an increase within 3 months, depending on how long you have had the card.  I started with a 300 limit and now have 3000 limit 

Klien

A 66% uti rate would cause a credit score to plummet tho. 

I think it would just be easier to keep the uti low until your score is good enough to apply for a Real credit card. 

Sub prime lenders like Orchard should only be short term cards.  5 years max. After that keep the card open for credit history, but barely use it.

They are being either merged with or bought out by Capital One - my guess is that is why they have stopped all CLI's at this time.  Maybe once Capital One takes over they will again review based on worthiness. 

HSBC = (H)ong Kong ---(S)ingapore ---(B)anking ----(C)orporation I called customer service this evening ( They answer in India or some other foreign country ) Just like many of the other cards. Very difficult to understand them.  The rep told me they are no longer offering credit limit increases at this time.  I told them a $59 annual fee is not worth the lousy $300 limit.  Either lower my annual fee or increase it or I close it.  The rep said "Should I start procedings to close the account for you?"  - They could care less about on time payment history - carrying a balance or not. - I have made the decision to close the account. I have a few new cards with over $1000 limits now and no annual fee.  It's only for credit building that's for sure!

I would guess they do but not right now because I've contacted customer service before about increasing my credit limit and they say they aren't increasing credit limits at this time but will contact you by email at the time they will begin increasing limits again.

Page 1 of 3   Previous | Next