Question

mookye

Filed bankruptcy, cancelled, how can they post those accounts as in collections 5 years later??
I filed bankruptcy in 2011, paid my monthly payment and then couldn't afford the payments anymore in 2013. Was advised by my attorney to just quit paying the bankruptcy court, so I did. Fast forward to now....those 6 accounts are now owned by Portfolio Recovery Services, who acquired them in 2014. They are calling me daily and just reported the accounts to Equifax, which made my credit score go down 44 points. How can they report a debt to the credit agencies that has already been reported previously?