Family Member's Loans/Cards Show Up On My Report, Why?
So 4 of my mom's credit cards and 1 of her auto loans shows up on my Credit Karma report. The auto loan should definitely clear soon as we just sold the car and paid off the balance, but I am confused as to why it and the 4 cards are showing to have something to do with me. Two of them I used to have my own card for (as an authorized user), but long long ago I called the bank associated with them and had them remove my name from them as well as a couple other cards. The other ones disappeared from Credit Karma a week or two later, but these two are still there. The other two that show up are cards I've never been affiliated with. Can anyone explain why they are there, and how to get rid of them? I will be calling about the 2 I used to have my own card for, and have her call about the other two. But I'm also wondering if these accounts (including that auto loan) actually do show up on my real credit reports and if they are affecting my score or if it's something only Credit Karma can see?

Being an authorized user can impact your credit situation in a number of ways:

• The accounts you're an authorized user on will appear on your credit report. A lot of Credit Karma members are surprised to see a card on their profile that they're "only an authorized user" on, but the fact is, credit bureaus treat these cards as if they were your own.

• This setup can make you look bad. Essentially, the primary account holder's actions look like your own. If they miss a payment on this credit card, you miss a payment. If they rack up an extremely high credit card utilization, so do you. This can kill your credit score, the exact opposite of what you want.

• Your credit score can be affected, depending on the scoring model.The VantageScore 3.0 model only includes positive information from authorized user accounts. On the other hand, the FICO model includes positive and negative marks from legitimate authorized user accounts but will sniff out anybody who games the system. So don't hold your breath if you pay to be added to someone's credit card- FICO won't boost your score.