does rent a center help your credit score?
i am going to get furniture from rent a center & i will be paying it off weekly, does something like that improve my credit score?

jenny1497

I believe it would. However, the improvement is minor. Nonetheless, be sure to make payments on time and your score will grow over time.

Response by
lithalum

Think about it. If you rent a couch for example, you really can't afford that couch. You pay 80.00 a month for the couch. You will pay you will pay $960 for the couch. You can buy really nice couches for 200 or 300 dollars.

Response by
jte1958

well, it is true that with some things you would spend more but i did get a bed from rentacenter that ended up costing me around 700.00. it was a pillow top queen size with mattress, box spring and the frame. i used to work at a furniture store and let me tell you, for 700.00 there that matress would have been rock solid. plus they bring it to you and ste it up for you so to me that was totally worth the money. i looked into washers and dryers from there and it would have ended up costing me about 1500.00 for a set of low quality machines. you got to pick and choose for them

jenny1497

I am eager to hear a real answer to this. I have heard before that putting purchases from places like dollar tree and dollar general on a credit card can hurt you. Not so much from a credit score stand point (because a report doesn't show purchase details, only the balance), but the issuing bank may look at it bad. If they think you are having to put something from dollar tree on credit then you may be a bad risk and they will lower your limit or increase your rate. These can hurt your score in the end.

I wonder if card companies will look at your report to see if you qualify for a limit increase and see that you have a line of credit at RAC and think the same thing as above?

Response by
craigcox

Submit to the Community