Does anyone has a collection charge off because of cell phone company buying your other contract?
I have a collection charge off appearing in my Equifax report because of me changing from AT&T to T-mobile. T-mobile bought At&T's contract and they were supposed to pay it. I didn't had to to anything. But it appears in my Equifax report that "cingular wireles' (at&t) has a collection charge off. I believe that shouldn't be there since that was supposed to be an arrangement between the two cell phone companies. Nothing to do with me and I didn't know this was going to appear in my credit report and lower my score.