Question

youreyes0pen

Direct dispute how to start it and win?
So I just started trying to really focus on rebuilding my credit, I'm around a 580 right now and was recently approved for a cap one quick silver card (yay!). I would like to be able to finance a new vehicle before winter so I want to get my credit as high as possible over the next several months. I currently show 4 accounts in collection, 3 from portfolio recovery and one with midland credit. From what I can tell, most of these accounts were opened in 2008 and have been inactive since 2012. But I can't tell exactly which accounts these collections originated from! I'm sure one of them was my exhusbands car that I co-signed for and he stopped paying on after the divorce, based on the amount I'm thinking that's the one that Midland has, but again, I'm not sure.
For anyone who has used the direct dispute option to get rid of old debts what was your experience like? Did you find yourself in a similar situation as me with not knowing exactly what debt it what?
Has anyone lost a direct dispute, and if so, did it do anything negative to your score?
Thanks in advance for helping out this newbie!