Question

emily6564

dillard's employee applied for the EMPLOYEE REWARDS card only, got hit with a credit check?
hi, I am a Dillard's employee and have been one since august of last year, one of the first things they have you do when becoming a new employee is apply for a Dillard's employee rewards card, and it basically acts as a secured card of you ask me, no credit line is ever given. ( you cant use it if you have not loaded cash money onto it before your purchase) no where had it said that you were applying for a credit card, but I just now saw that they had ran my credit. is this normal or should I talk to one of my managers about this or even dispute it? I'm not really sure what to do, but I don't want to have a hit on my credit if I don't have to.

Most Helpful Response

Sneaky aren't they?

This is an old ruse used to get your credit score with out you realizing it.  Many companies will not hire someone with low credit scores, specially those that handle money.  There is a strong belief that the better your score the more honest your are.  That Rewards card is basiclly a pre-paid debit card which will probably apply a discount if you use it. 

Reality is that you have the hit on your report. Nothing can be done to change that, and talking to a manager probably won't help either. As long as your not out applying for credit all over the place, the inquiry probably won't effect your score for very long. 

Some things in life you just have to learn to live with.