Question

Cirga

Derogatory Remarks - Collection Concern
I was in the ER last year. I thought I had paid off everything they billed me for. There were apparently two outstanding bills for a total of $135, but the physician that was billing me had my address wrong. I never received a bill at all from them directly. They sent me to collections unbeknownst to me in January of this year, and the collection agency sent notices to the wrong address as well.

I had no clue until I noticed the derogatory remarks on my account yesterday. I called the agency and paid immediately. They stated that the remarks would be removed from my credit report within 30 days.

Will there be any lasting damage to my credit due to this? I find it completely unfair that I even got hit with the remarks considering I had no clue I owed that last piece. Not to mention what a small amount.. I would have paid it in a heartbeat if I had just known.