Question

true2uroots

Debt Collection (RCVL PER MNG) While deployed need help!
Hi i just saw my credit report is it said i had a amount i owed to tmobile of $184 and i had cancelled my account before i left for my deployment ( im still currently deployed) i had called tmobile and said that they could not help me and directed me to call the collection agency above Receivables Performance, to fix the inquiry. I ask the guy if i paid it off if it would be taken off my credit report if i did and he said no but its better to pay it off now and dispute it with the credit bureaus about it when im back from my deployment and say i was deployed and had no knowledge of an amount owed as i did not receive no notifications about the delinquent account, and i didnt.

sorry if this is long im really frustrated about this i dropped from a 726 to 630 and im trying trying to get a new car for my when i get back i dont when to get a bad interest rate because of this. and any help is appreciated thank you.

Most Helpful Response

T-Mobile needs to go out of busness

Did the same to me. I switched to Sprint to go on my son's family plan on the 2nd of the month. I notified T mobile and Sprint said they will take care of the cancellation. When I talked to T-Mobile, they told me they didn't get a wrtten notice of cancellation until March 6th. After doing some due deligence I find that T-Mobile does this a lot. Not only to they then charge for the extra days but for a whole month of charges. I was with them for 10 yrs and did not have a contract at the time. My year was up a month before. The SEC needs to get involved and go after these crooks. Now I have a collection on my credit for $168. 

T-Mobile

I stayed with T Mobil for years and never ever had a late payment of any kind. I did exactly what they required to cancel my phone service, then months later discovered their claim that I owed 122.00. WHY!! No legitimate answer given, then it showed up on my credit report with apparently no way to get it removed.

PLEASE HELP I'm at my wits end!!