Credit report shows "deceased"
I applied for a loan and I was told that my SSN (Social Security Number) was fake. They even mentioned identity theft was a serious crime, and that they should have me arrested. They said my credit record showed that another person with the same SSN died in 1990, therefore my SSN wasn't legitimate. The next day, I went to a SS Office. They said everything was fine, and that the number belonged to me. I saw the credit record, and in fact, it does say "deceased". They double checked it, and it also shows all my information (current/past address, name, past queries, etc) . What should I do?
PS. tells me they aren't able to verify my identity when I try to check my credit score.