Question

ShawnR16

Credit inquiries
Once my credit inquiries were removed my score decreased. I thought your score increases when they fall off. Will my score go back up?

Most Helpful Response

It might've coincide with other activities on your credit reports. And depends on what the credit score models you were looking at, removed inquiries don't always bettering your scores. It's well known that in FICO score models, the impact of inquiry to its scores only lasts 12 months, so when inquiry falls off after 24 minths? That scores shouldn't change just from inquiry.

ShawnR16

Thanks for the information.. the only changes that were made to my  credit report was the inquiries being removed and a couple of balances decreased. The strange thing was one score increased and one decreased about 30 points