Question

Hcontreras68

Collector never deleted the account after they said they would.
I had a collections account that I paid in full for $332. I negotiated with the collector for a "pay for delete". They agreed. After paid, They even sent me a letter saying "this account was paid in full and we will send notification to the credit bureaus to delete from their records". Well, 2 months have past and it only shows a zero balance (closed) account. Obviously, this still hurts my score. I have contacted the collector and all they tell me is "we've submitted a deletion and don't know why it shows a zero balance". My question is:

1. What can I do to get it deleted at this point?
2. Can I hold the collector to having it removed, since they actually sent me a letter saying it will be deleted?
3. If I dispute with the credit bureaus, do I say it's not my account?

This is extremely frustrating! I felt that I was lied to by the collector. Need some advise please!! Thanks!!