Question

DRM2014

Collections questions
1. I'm trying to get rid of a black spot on my credit.

I separated from the military in 2013 and was given separation pay. I got a letter about 6 months after my separation saying that I had been overpaid and owe the treasury about $20k. I didn't have a job, and had used my payment to pay off old debts (divorce), so I didn't have anything left to pay them. I got another letter saying it was being sent to collections. I haven't heard anything from them since Jan 2014 about it. It's not on my credit report either, however my score tanked after it was sent to collections.

Does anyone know why it wouldn't show on my credit score as being in collections? The debt hasn't been forgiven but I've not received any letters about it in 3 years.

Thanks for any input.