CC # stolen, the account # changed, now my avg. age of credit decreased. Why?
One of my credit card numbers was apparently taken and used to make some purchases on the internet, the fraud department caught it and cancelled the card and sent me a new one, so my account number changed. However, the entire account has disappeared from the CreditKarma system and, as it was my oldest account, the "Average Age of Credit Lines" number went way down, and my score dropped by 25 points.

Why is this? The account was never even closed, the number just changed for security purposes. My new cards still says "Member since X" on the front, where X is the same as my old card. Will this really permanently reduce my credit score?