Question

BROskis

Capitol one- getting collection removed. PLEASE HELP!
I had a Capitol one credit card I fell behind on and were threatening to send to collections, I finally had enough money to start making payments and within three
weeks of it off. I made an $80 payment and then four days later they sent it to collections. I got in contact with the collection agency (alliance one) and expressed that I would be paying the debt in full on the 19th of february. I then asked if I paid it off, since it is such a short amount of time if they would not put it on my credit report. They told me that they do not do the filing with the credit bureaus and that I should call Capitol one. I called Capitol one and they said when I paid it in full the collection agency would notify them and then they would update it as "paid" or whatever on my credit report. I want this DELETED altogether. After all, three weeks is really short. So my question is, is Capitol one the people that really do have the power to remove it completely from my credit report it is that something I have to contact the credit bureaus about afterwards? Is there a way I can convince Capitol one to agree to delete it IN WRITING of course and will they be able to do this. Also, if they refuse, can I contact all three bureaus and have them delete it? Please help! I am trying to purchase a house soon and I can't have this negatively impacting my score. Also, the credit charge off isn't even posted on my credit report yet, how long does it take to post in the first place? Thankyou in advance!

Credit Report

I can tell you from experience, it will not be removed. You will receive promises that it will be removed but that's just to get you to pay the debt. Unless you had them put it in writing to you, it will not be removed. The written letter will give you enough information to dispute it with the credit reporting agency.

Negotiate in writing

Capitol one no longer owns the debt, since they sold it to a collection agency.  

Write a letter, Addressed to the Collections Manager. (No one else can settle debts through negotiations) In the letter tell them that you will agree to pay the debt if they will agree to remove the derogitory remarks from your report. Save your cash and be prepared to pay them off once you get a letter aggreeng to the removal.  Its called Pay to Delete, Google it for more info and templates.  ALWAYS get the aggreement in writing before paying. Collection agencies have very short memories and a paper trail will be your proof if they do not follow through.